Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Happy Birthday for MFTWSC211

I was able to get my card done for this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 211 after having been sick with a virus the past several days.


I used the MFT PI Happy Banner image, stamped her on X-Press It Blending Card, colored her with Copics and paper-pieced her dress and bow with Recollections Bold Basics DSP.  I stamped the banner a 2nd time, colored it in yellow to match the dots on the dotted paper, and fussy cut it out to add to the image.   The DSP is from the same pad, except the one behind the PI image, it is from an American Crafts 6x6 Paper Pad.   I used Spellbinders Ovals and Scalloped Ovals dies.  The "Birthday" sentiment is part of a greeting from MFT LJD On The Line set (discontinued).  It is cut with a die from MFT Blueprints 2 set and mounted with foam tape.  The girl is also mounted with foam tape.  The card base is MFT Smooth White and the mats are Recollections Black.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

3 comments:

  1. Love how you paper pieced her dress! Had to giggle as I got that paper pack too and recognized the papers immediately. Darling card and a great use of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girl! I love how you've paper pieced her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better, JoAnn! And I agree with Marisa and Bonnie - I love the paper pieced dress.

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.